“Li’s visit to Pakistan will come just as Pakistan has recently concluded its general election, which is “a sign of the high level of mutual trust and the special friendship between the two countries,” said Vice Foreign Minister Song Tao.
He said China hopes the upcoming visit will send positive signals to the people of both countries and the international community that China values its relations with Pakistan and is committed to inheriting the traditional friendship and expanding mutually beneficial cooperation between the two sides.
During his visit to Pakistan, Prime Minister Li Keqiang will meet with President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari and meet with Pakistani leaders from the country’s parliament, political parties and military, including Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, president of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
On Tuesday, the Election Commission of Pakistan announced election results for 254 National Assembly seats, with PML-N taking a majority 123 seats.
“China is glad to see that Pakistan’s general election has been held smoothly,” Song said, adding that China respects the choice of the people of Pakistan.
As an all-weather partner, China will continue to firmly support Pakistan’s efforts to maintain stability and seek development, he said.
“We are convinced that through joint efforts, the China-Pakistan strategic cooperative partnership will be lifted to a new level,” he added.
During Li’s visit to Pakistan, the two sides are scheduled to sign three intergovernmental deals on economic and trade cooperation, and China’s trade and investment promotion group will also visit the country.”
- Focus on border, trade ahead of Li Keqiang India visit (thehindu.com)
- China pm to visit India, Pakistan on first foreign trip (worldbulletin.net)
- Pak & China to sign several MoUs for cooperation in various fields during forthcoming visit of Chinese PM: FO (sananews.net)
- Chinese Premier to meet Nawaz Sharif next week (thehindu.com)
- Pakistan attaches high importance to its relations with China: Nawaz (nation.com.pk)